As a small, local NGO, Global Conscience Initative relies on the hard work of volunteers as well as interns and full-time staff. Volunteers come to GCI from both within Cameroon and around the world to donate their time and skills to improve human rights in the South West and throughout the country. The position of a volunteer is very open-ended, dependent not only on GCI’s needs, but also the experience that the particular volunteer brings to the table. In the past, volunteers have served as translators in our field work during needs assessments and questionnaires.
Unfortunately, we are not able to compensate volunteers monetarily, but would be happy to write a letter of reference detailing your experience with us as you seek further employment.
Basic Requirements for Volunteers:
- Ability and motivation to contribute effectively to both the organization’s field work and office responsibilities, as needed by GCI
- A desire to learn about human rights in Cameroon
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Providing suggestions and feedback for process improvisation based on the volunteer’s experience and perspective
- Increase awareness among the people of Kumba regarding the working and the vision of GCI
- Helping with daily office tasks like replying or writing to international/national mails, updating the website, and providing technical support
- Helping in fundraising, specifically with event planning and grant writing
- Assisting with organizational/developmental conception
The GCI Volunteer application includes:
1.) Letter of Motivation
– Why do you want to volunteer at GCI?
– What skills and/or experience do you have in the non-profit sector?
– What do you envision as your contribution to GCI?
– How long would you like to volunteer with GCI?
– Work Experience
– Volunteer/Intern History
Please send the above materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions or concerns, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.